The concept behind this newsletter is that anyone with 15 minutes to spare can learn about our research work. In this December 2016 issue of our newsletter, we have included interesting news, blogs, reports, tweets, publications and training information produced by our group.
In this issue our highlights are:
- Publication - Lancet HIV: Transmission networks and risk of HIV infection in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: a community-wide phylogenetic study.
- UNAIDS Report 2016 - Get on the Fast-Track: Cover our phylogenetic results and the life-cycle approach to HIV
- Publication - Nature Reviews Genetics: Microbial genome-wide association studies: lessons from human GWAS
- Publication ? Lancet Infectious Diseases: Occult HIV-1 drug resistance following failure of 1stline Tenofovir in sub Saharan Africa: a retrospective multi-centre cohort study.
- Commentary - Lancet Infectious Diseases: Time to get serious with HIV-1 resistance in sub-Saharan Africa
- Workshop: Ethics and Viral Genomics: An Exploration of Ethical Issues Associated with HIV Phylogenetics, Durban, 9 December 2016
The newsletter is open accessible at:
We hope that you enjoy our newsletters. We think that they are truly interesting and we really have enjoyed producing it!
Produced by Prof. Tulio de Oliveira (Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN & CAPRISA, South Africa)