The concept behind this newsletter is that anyone with 15 minutes to spare can learn about the work of the KwaZulu-Natal Research Innovation and Sequencing Platform (KRISP), which is a Platform of the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) at University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), Durban, South Africa. In the first edition of 2018, we bring you the Durban Spark Innovation Breakfast, news coverage of our Science paper and info about training events.
In this issue our highlights are:
- Innovation: Durban SPARK Innovation Breakfast
- News: SA study reveals important link between genes and AIDS
- News: Our paper was selected as one of the 20 Most Influential Conservation Ecology Papers of 2017
- Publication: Elevated HLA-A expression impairs HIV control through inhibition of NKG2A-expressing cells. Science 2018
- Toys: Equipment available for collaborative research, training, diagnostics & sequencing services
- Workshop: KRISP & CAPRISA Advanced Clinical Care Workshop, Durban, 15-16 March, 2018
- Workshop: 23rd International Bioinformatics Workshop on Virus Evolution and Molecular Epidemiology (VEME), Berlin, 26-31 August, 2018
The newsletter is open accessible at:
We hope that you enjoy our newsletters. We think that they are truly interesting and we really have enjoyed producing it!
Produced by Prof. Tulio de Oliveira (Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, UKZN & CAPRISA, South Africa)